Albert Stark, Legal Consultant
BUILD A CAREER
The law, in its beauty and complexity, provides a wonderful livelihood for the bright, curious, and compassionate. However, making the wrong job decisions early in their careers is a major reason that lawyers become unhappy and even hate the law as a profession. Get off to a good start.
I love to mentor young lawyers. My own career has been far different than what I anticipated. But I've found great satisfaction throughout most of my years, and, thanks to my wife, had the courage to leave a job that wasn't right for me.
As a mentor, I will give you unbiased advice. I will share my experience of 50 years in the law. I will answer your questions about your path, about how to reach your goals.
As a start, 10 points for your To-Do List
- Befriend those who can help you navigate the legal system.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to generate work from everyone you meet.
- Be aware of the flaws in the legal system.
- Trust the jury system, even with its flaws.
- Be ethical, no matter what.
- See the law as an art, not a science.
- Learn that short cross-examinations are more powerful than long ones.
- Beware of the professional "expert."
- Ask questions no matter how experienced you are.
- Find the niche that is right for you.
How to get in touch with me. Easily.
Read an excerpt from
the Bar: Challenges in
a Lawyer's Life
Albert M. Stark