Albert Stark, Legal Consultant
BUILD A FIRM
Every law firm reaches a plateau—usually more than once. And that's when I can help. I have a passion for excellence in the law and the experience to help you attain it. I experienced the evolution of Stark & Stark from a two-man family firm into a 114-lawyer firm.
I can help your firm:
- Evolve your management structure. Whether you're a sole proprietor or 25-lawyer firm, you need form in order to function.
- Organize management responsibilities.
- Manage time.
- Apply marketing techniques. Yes, marketing -- they skipped that course in law school.
- Stay updated.
- Use technology judiciously, unexpectedly.
- Develop new business.
- Grow as attorneys.
As a start, here are 10 basics that develop business—over time.
- Listen. If he's talking, you're probably winning. If you're talking, maybe not.
- When someone asks what you do, answer as if they'd asked, "What do you love to do?"
- Mobilize your partners to sell your firm.
- Join an organization. Be active in it.
- Keep building that strong contact base.
- Nurture clients personally. But know when to stand back.
- Connect with peers at client organizations. Always say hello.
- Cultivate references. There is no stronger ally.
- Develop relationships you don't need, so they're there when you do.
- Do unto others. You know the rest.
Think about how I can move you beyond the plateau. How you'd like us to work together.
How to get in touch with me. Easily.
Read an excerpt from
the Bar: Challenges in
a Lawyer's Life
Albert M. Stark